JOIN THE PARTNERS CARD TEAM!
Retail Store Liaisons (RSLs) serve as the connection between all the Partners Card participants and The Family Place team. If you’ve volunteered as an RSL in the past, this year will look a little different. In order to process payment in a secure, streamlined way, all 2023 retail and restaurant participants will be asked to sell cards digitally or utilizing their own POS instead of using paper sales forms. We also want to be good stewards of donor funds, and to this end will be trying to eliminate overprinting and increasing shipping costs of supplies that are not needed.
How it works:
- An RSL is assigned a geographic area and a list of current Partners Card participants (around 15). We love when RSLs make connections with new places in their area to recruit them for Partners Card.
- Contact stores in your area to remind them to sign up before the print deadline of August 1st to ensure they are included in all Partners Card materials. The Family Place team sends out reminder emails to retailers and we ask RSLs to call or visit in person.
- Attend a spring and fall webinars to learn more information about your RSL duties.
- Volunteer at supplies pick up location in your geographic area in early October. This allows retailers to select and pick up only the supplies they need. If your area is represented on our Retail Advisory Board, you’ll be connected with that member for additional support.
- Serve as the first line of contact for locations who need additional materials during Partners Card shopping days. Each RSL will have a box of materials to keep on hand, and some Retail Advisory Board member locations may stock supplies you may access as well. Check in with stores in mid-October to ensure they have all their Partners Card materials and are ready to go!
RSLs are a vital part of Partners Card, we couldn't do it without them!
For information on becoming an RSL, please contact Liz Robinson, Senior Manager of Retail Partnerships and Partners Card.